DIY Advocacy Center offers package membership options that can include a variety of individualized consultation sessions in your home, accompanying you to on-site meetings at schools or hospitals, and group sessions that include connecting with other parents for group learning and sharing. We will work together in a way that feels comfortable to you and meets your needs.
- Educational workshops
- Book Groups
- Topic-focused retreats for and with other parents
- Individualized One-to-One Sessions
- Attending your IEP meetings with schools
- Attending discharge meetings from hospitals or residential care
- Attending team meetings with your child’s providers
We approach the work we do with families from the perspective that parents are capable, children are resilient, and families are the strongest advocates for themselves. We know the difficulties in accessing help for our children because we’ve also been raising children with complex health needs. Along the way, we’ve picked up skills and strategies to effectively access supports, work with what our families have at our own disposal, and to communicate with service providers in a way that enables collaboration. —>>> Getting Started for Families.
For providers and other professional groups:
We’ve also learned effective ways to foster positive working relationships with the professionals who provide services to children and their families. We can help providers understand families’ experiences of care, what makes us tick, and how you may better communicate and engage with us for better outcomes.
- Trainings on topics related to advocacy, legislative action, family involvement, family and youth support services
- Consultations on topics related to family engagement