DIY Advocacy Center holds group sessions on various topics. These include monthly co-learning groups on important topics, monthly Advocacy Coaching Groups, weekly book groups, and other special seminars.
Group sessions are free to DIYAC Members and are $10-35 per event for non-members. Special Events and Reading Groups may also have a nominal materials fee or book cost.
Co-Learning Group Topics
- Family Systems: Support for Success
- Family Agreements (no more contracts)
- Communication: talking and listening to improve relationships and minimize battles
- Thinking-Learning-Connecting: Parenting Beyond Conflicts
- Transitions from Acute Crisis (planning for a return from hospitalization or emergency visit)
- Mental Health Condition or a Teen’s Difficult Behavior?
- Safety & Relapse Planning: staying safe while being prepared for possible speed bumps
- Family-Driven, Child-Centered Care Planning
- Motivation vs. Ability: how to tune into what’s challenging your child or teen
- Emotional Regulation: how parent’s emotional stability allows our children to grow
- The Parallel Process: Growing Alongside Your Adolescent or Young Adult in Treatment, Krissy Pozatek, LICSW
- I Am Not Sick, I Don’t Need Help! How to Help Someone with Mental Illness Accept Treatment, Xavier Amador, PhD
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times, Pema Chodron
- Not By Chance: How Parents Boost Their Teen’s Success In and After Treatment, Tim R Thayne, PhD
- Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology and How You Can Heal, Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- “Healthy Family” Visioning Boards
- REPIT: Reflective Exploration of Parenting Interactions Tool
- Customizing Your Individualized, Family-Driven and Child-Centered Care & Recovery Plan